How my Orbi RBK 50 Router can act as an Access point?
RBS 50 satellite can work with an Orbi Whole-home MESH WIFI router to provide you the fastest speed by adding it to the RBK50 router. RBK 50 will remove the whole WIFI dead zones by adding it to the RBS50, and it can go up to 2,000 sq. feet. It can create an ultra-performance mesh WIFI network that never leaves any corner of your home without a WIFI signal. Superfast and seamless connectivity will reach to each room, floors, and corners of your home and office. If you want to add more and more devices to the WIFI network of RBS50 through RBK50 then you can add without worrying about the dropping or slow connectivity issue. Its four Ethernet ports provide ultimate flexibility and performance for your smart TV, gaming console, streaming, and HD video watching.
Benefits of using my ORBI RBK50 as an Access Point Mode
To set up your Orbi RBK 50 router as an access point it is important that you use an Ethernet cable, a web browser of the latest version and updated, and a default login address, such as orbilogin.com or www.orbilogin.com This method allows you to configure your router as an access point and you can use the WIFI of your RBK50 router instead of the WIFI on your existing router. Using your RBK50 as an Access Point will leave the option to buy an additional satellite or to add an extender with your WIFI network.
orbilogin.com: Setup RBK50 as an access point
- To connect the Internet port of your ORBI router to the LAN port of your existing router and the gateway you should use the provided Ethernet cable
- A web browser from your working computer should be launched instantly and then navigate the web browser to www.orbilogin.com or the http://192.168.0.1 through the search bar
- A login window will be unlocked and will ask to fill two details thereafter, you need to enter the user ID and the security passphrase of your new router.
- On the basic home page, you should go to ADVANCED >the, Advanced Setup >and then Router Mode or AP Mode. Here you should select the AP Mode only and the page adjusts.
- Now, you have to select the IP address from the following options;
“Get Dynamically from the existing router” in this option the existing router on your previous WIFI network will assign the IP address to your new RBK50 router while the RBK 50 has already set to AP Mode.
And the other is to “Enable fixed IP settings on this device (not recommended)”. In this method you can manually assign a specific IP address to this router while it is already set up on AP Mode.
How to set up guest mode through Orbilogin.com
- To setup, the guest mode on your Orbi RBK44 router and satellite, launch a web browser from the computer that you have. The browser must be compatible and up to date.
- Then visit the search line of the browser that you have launched from your computer and type the URL www.orbilogin.com or type orbilogin.com or type the IP address of your Orbi RBK44 http://192.168.0.1 and a login page will be launched on the screen of the same computer.
- Now, to get the basic home page a default username and a default password will be entered by you at the login page of your router.
- As if you have got the basic home page, you should select the Guest Network from the top menu bar of the home page and the Guest Network Settings page displays.
- Now you have to select the “Enable the Guest Network” and click the checkbox, leave the Enable SSID Broadcast by selecting the checkbox.
- When you allow your Orbi to broadcast its WIFI network name, it makes it easier to find the network and to connect it. When you clear this checkbox, you can create a hidden network.
- Now, you have to change the network name by typing the new and fresh name in the field of ” Guest Wireless network Name”.
- Then you can select or clear the allow guests to see each other and access my local network field.
- In order to protect your privacy, the checkbox is already cleared by default. It means the guests can use the internet connection but they cannot access computers or the other devices that are already connected to your Orbi network.
- Select the security options, if you should select WPA2-PSK[AES] or WPA-PSK[TKIP]+WPA2-PSK[AES], enter the passkey in the pass field, and then you should click APPLY button, and your settings will be saved.